Ritenour Middle School
2500 Marshall Ave
Phone: (314) 493-6250
Ritenour Comment Guidelines
We love receiving your feedback on our Facebook wall as a means of keeping communication in Ritenour open and thriving. Please be respectful when joining the conversation, and note the following Ritenour Facebook comment guidelines.
1. Stay on topic. Comments not related to the subject will be deleted.
2. No spam! Please do not use our Facebook page as a means of selling a product or service.
3. Be nice. If you disagree with a post, we’d like to hear from you. However, please refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
4. Keep it legal. Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc. will be followed.
5. Use appropriate language. Profane or provocative language, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will be immediately removed.
6. Please refrain from discussing ballot measures and campaigns. Ritenour Electioneering policy states that district resources may not be used to urge a vote for or against any candidate, group of candidates or ballot issue.
*Ritenour School District reserves the right, but is not obligated, to block fans or remove their comments on our Facebook pages that violate the above guidelines, or that otherwise violate Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
The current Ritenour Middle School property is the site of the original Ritenour High School. Bond issues were passed in 1921 and 1923 to fund the building. The original Ritenour High School opened for the 1924-25 school year.
With completion of the current high school in the late 1940′s, the building became Ritenour Junior High School. In 1981 it joined Hoech in becoming one of the district’s two middle schools when sixth graders moved in from the elementary schools and ninth graders were assigned to the high school.
Upon passage of the 1990 bond issue, the section of Ritenour Middle built in 1923 was demolished. In May of 1991 a contract was approved to replace the demolished portion with an enlarged addition.
A 2002 bond issue allotted $3,000,000 to Ritenour Middle, including $1,850,000 for constructing a new cafeteria. The former cafeteria space was converted into classrooms and instructional space.
Ritenour Junior/Middle School has had five principals, with John Johnson serving the longest for 23 years from 1956-79. Kenneth Roumpos is the current principal.
Middle School in St. Louis, MO
The mission of Ritenour Middle School is to prepare our students to become positive and productive members of society. Education is a lifelong process in which the home, community and school actively participate in building the necessary skills for this p
HoursMon: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Tue: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Wed: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Thu: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Fri: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Report a Problem
St Louis city police officer shot in north city #stl
Join the Morrison Healthcare team! See our latest #job opening here: https://t.co/8yPgb6G1wA #Healthcare #StLouis, MO #Hiring #CareerArc
Also, Happy National #Selfie Day from #TrapezeSTL! #flyingtrapeze #circus #summerfun #STL https://t.co/0xhont7wZ2
Trendsmap St Louis
#phillies is now trending in #StLouis https://t.co/wq6cnhsiQZ https://t.co/cmwM5D1Fuf
Tech is driving #STL: @KPMG_US makes progress on hiring plans, opens new #tech space https://t.co/6pp54x5w7i https://t.co/WsaQCdvK7e
The new Kiener Plaza fountain. #stlouis #stlouisparks #stlouiscityparks #kienerplaza #rsaphoto… https://t.co/KJEp6mA9vw
Mary C. Foshage
Decent swag at @weliveherestl Season 3 launch party. #woke #stl Thanks prxofficial for helping… https://t.co/sNnIzg6B4m
Hoffmann Law Firm
Wrongful Death Claims Arising from Auto Accidents – #StLouis #Attorney https://t.co/bh7E4XtNjp https://t.co/WeQOITEYti
STL Mosaic Project
St. Louis leaders Dani and Susan are making a big difference in the #stl welcome! https://t.co/zfCWC2yoDd
Bar Louie Jobs
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #StLouis, MO? https://t.co/RrAyzJQKJz #BarLouiejobs #PrepCook #Hiring #CareerArc